Tips for Group Leaders
We know that in order to get sales your members need to go out into the community, but please emphasize that their well-being is the most important thing. Really stress the importance of safety and common sense to your group and set up guidelines for them to follow. Also involve the parents in your Fudgeraiser – let them know what you expect from them and their kids.
- Only allow children go door-to-door with a responsible adult present.
- Depending on the ages of the children, money collected should be handled by an adult. Please use the collection envelopes we provide to each Fudgeraising team.
- Parents should pre-approve who their children ask.
Tips for Group Participants
Please take extra care and be aware of any guidelines your leader has set. Be smart, use common sense, and have fun!
- Make sales during daylight hours so people can see and read the catalog; also, people are more likely to talk to you during the day.
- Make sure you and your parents know who you are selling to. It’s easier to talk and sell to people you know!
- Go with a friend and take turns selling, or have an adult go with you, just to be safe.
- Give someone who isn’t sure on buying on the spot your group leader’s number or direct them to your webpage to order online – they don’t need to know your personal information.
- Remember, you are not a guest. Don’t make yourself at home while selling, it’s best to stay outside.
- It’s not cool to sell in front of stores without their permission and parental support and supervision.
- Be mindful of traffic. Roadside stands can be a dangerous distraction for drivers.
- It’s easier to sell when you are comfortable and in a familiar space.
- Share your sales stories with friends and family members.
- Have fun, but remember to stay safe!