It is up to you to sell fudge and raise money for your group. The more you sell, the more money your group gets, which means there is more fun stuff for your group! Here are some tips to help you reach your goal.
- Write up a plan – When your group is starting their Fudgeraiser, write down a list of people you want to contact and try to sell to. These possible supporters could be family members, friends, or anyone that you know that you think might be willing to contribute. This list can help you stay on track and not forget anyone.
- Always be courteous - Be polite to everyone and remember to use your manners. Say “thank you” to anyone that you approach and ask to contribute, even if they are not interested. Try to make your donors happy, and if they have a nice experience they may be willing to help you again in the future.
- Use social media – Facebook, Twitter, etc. is a great way to advertise your Fudgeraiser and to drum up interest amongst your circle of friends. This is an excellent way to reach out to people that you can’t sell to in person, but can instead direct them to the website where they can still order. Remember, the more you promote = more people that know about your cause = more support!
- Practice your sales pitch – Being prepared shows your dedication and enthusiasm for your Fudgeraiser, which potential customers can see. Getting sales becomes easier when you are more comfortable presenting yourself and your product, so it helps to know what you’re going to say before you talk to someone. You might also want to be prepared for typical questions that they may ask; for example, “When will I get my order?” “Who do I make the check out to?” “How fresh is the fudge?” etc. Answers to these can be found on our FAQ page, and will be explained to your group leader.
- Keep your sales material with you – You never know where you might find a potential supporter!
If you filled your current order form - you can download and print another copy and staple it to your current form so you can keep selling!